Two of my favourite people, Ashlea and Angie over at Disquietus Reads, have tagged me in the Sisterhood of the World award. Thank you, you fabulous creatures!
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their website.
2. Post the award’s logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you have been asked.
4. Nominator ten other bloggers and ask them ten other questions.
1. What is one book or series that you would make everyone read if you could?
WILFAIR. Always and forever the Wilfair series. I just love it so much. So, so much. Also the Throne of Glass series. But mostly Wilfair. Have I mentioned how much I love it??
2. Who is your favourite book boyfriend/girlfriend?
I don't really do book boyfriends/girlfriends. I can never manage to turn off my critical side, so I always end up seeing the flaws in the characters that everyone else flails about. That said, Gomery Overbove from the Wilfair series has a special place in my heart.
3. What are your favourite book covers?
I tend to like really simple, minimalist book covers, like The Fault in Our Stars or Eleanor & Park. I prefer covers that don't feature people, solely because then I can imagine the characters for myself. That said, I LOVE the covers for Throne of Glass, These Broken Stars, and The Lollipop Shoes. I mean, LOOK:
4. Name 3 fictional places you would move to in a heartbeat.
Can I say Hogwarts three times? No? Okay, fine. Hogwarts, the Wilfair Hotel, and the Discworld.
5. What books are you looking forward to most in 2015?
Ellie Marnie's Every Move, Gail Carriger's Prudence, and anything that Sarah J. Maas deigns to grant us with, even if it's just a post-it note. Also Libba Bray's Lair of Dreams, solely because it was meant to come out early this year and IT STILL HASN'T.
6. Name your favourite and least favourite books of 2014.
Favourite? Probably Heir of Fire. Holy crap, I loved that book so hard. Closely followed by Fairwil. My least favourite? Possibly The Selection, which made me indescribably angry. Or Erin McCarthy's entire True Believers series, which was utter tripe from start to finish.
7. Who is your most owned author?
Somewhat embarrassingly, it's Janet Evanovich. I have 42 of her books, even though I very rarely read her stuff any more. After that, it's Terry Pratchett, which is somewhere in the mid 20s.
8. When and why did you start blogging?
I started blogging in October 2009. I was living in Canberra, all my friends and family were in Melbourne, and I found myself telling the same stories over and over and over again every week in emails and phone calls. So I decided that I should set up a blog, direct everyone to it, and save myself hours of talking on the phone, which is one of my least favourite things to do. Except I ended up spending all that time blogging instead. OH WELL.
9. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Getting to know amazing people and having friends all over the world. Coincidentally, my least favourite thing about blogging is getting to know amazing people and having friends all over the world BUT NEVER GETTING TO SEE THEM BECAUSE THEY LIVE REALLY FAR AWAY.
10. What hobbies do you have besides reading?
Recapping ten year old TV shows for Snark Squad. Baking. The occasional bit of photography. Sporadic obsessions with the Lego games for XBox...
I tag the following people:
- Cait @ Paper Fury
- Willie @ Lazy Happy Bored Happy Sad
- Alysia @ Wilfair
- Kelley @ Diva Booknerd
- Emily @ Love Woke Me Up This Morning
- Gina @ This Is Not Your Blog
Aaaaand anyone else who wants to do this tag.
Your questions are as follows:
1. What's your favourite Harry Potter book? (Come on, everyone has one)
2. What's the book/series that everyone raves about but you just didn't get?
3. Which real world places do you want to visit because of a book?
4. What bookish merchandise are you dying to get your hands on?
5. What's your most anticipated book of 2015?
6. Which book character do you wish you could be best friends with?
7. What's the last book you gave five stars to?
8. Which secondary character do you wish would get their own book?
9. Which author, alive or dead, do you wish you could meet in person?
10. How many books do you own?