So what did I do while I was in our nation's capital?
- Went to precisely zero cultural institutions or attractions. I didn't even see Parliament House. It was kind of amazing.
- Hung out with two of my best friends an awful lot.
- Spent a lot of time wiping snotty noses and grubby hands.
- Had mint hot chocolate at two different places. The Max Brenner one was spectacularly good, despite the totally weird-ass mug.
|WTF IS THIS.|
- Caught up with my friends LB (who's expecting a baby any day!) and Femaelstrom, who I hadn't seen in three years. So that was awesome.
- Ate a lot.
- Cracked up repeatedly over things that Clapton and Bowie said. I'd show you pictures, but I feel a liiiiiiittle weird posting pictures of kids I'm not related to.
- No, but seriously. I ate SO MUCH. Including my beloved and obligatory trip-to-Canberra Turkish food. Mmmmm, zucchini puffs...
- Marvelled at the awesome ridiculousness of the (sadly temporary) makeover that the Holbrook submarine has had:
|LOOK AT THIS INCREDIBLENESS OMG.|
- Had a two month old baby fall in love with me. Seriously, he would just stare at me for like 20 minutes at a time. It was a little weird.
- Caught up with some of C's friends (who are also friends of mine) for the first time in a couple of years and marvelled at how terrifyingly grown up their lives are compared to mine.
- Read less than I have in approximately forever.
- Introduced a sixteen year old girl to the wonderfulness that is Clueless.
- Bought two new pairs of jeans that are actually long enough for a total of $60. MIRACLE.
- Spent very limited time on the internet because the free wifi at our hotel was slow and crappy. I was torn as to whether it was a relief or really weird to be away from the internet that much.
So. What's news with you guys?