So last week I fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally saw Catching Fire. I had every intention of seeing it at the movies when it came out last year, but I was in New Zealand when it was released and by the time I got home, I'd kind of forgotten about it. So I just ended up waiting until it came out on DVD instead. So now, like six months after the fact, let's talk about Catching Fire, shall we?
Reasons why Catching Fire is awesome:
1. Jennifer Lawrence.
2. The speeches in District Eleven.
3. Josh Hutcherson.
4. The dress reveal. Amazing.
6. Peeta volunteering for Haymitch. FEELS.
7. Elizabeth Banks. Effie showed so much character development from the first movie.
8. Katniss' face when the little girl says she wants to volunteer some day just like Katniss.
9. Sam Claflin as Finnick.
10. The elevator scene. HILARIOUS.
12. Snow's glass getting blood in it when he drinks. A great little detail for fans of the books.
13. Jena Malone as Joanna. Total badass.
14. Katniss' Seneca Crane dummy.
15. Willow Shields as Prim. Her character gets so much depth here.
16. The tributes holding hands en masse.
Plus, the following quotes:
- "We wanted our love to be eternal. You know, Katniss and I were luckier than most. I wouldn't have any regrets at all, if it weren't... if..." "If it weren't... for what? What?" "If it weren't for the baby."
- "It must be a fragile system if it can be brought down by just a few berries."
- "My stylist is such an idiot. District 7, lumber. Trees. Ugh. I'd love to put an axe on her face."
- "So it's you and a syringe against the Capitol? See, this is why no one lets you make the plans."
- "Katniss." "Hello, Finnick." "Do you want a sugar cube? I mean it's supposed to be for the horses, but, I mean who cares about them right? They got years to eat sugar, whereas you and I, well if we see something sweet we better grab it." "No thanks, but I would love to borrow that outfit someday."
- "A wedding dress? Really?" "Snow made me wear it." "Make him pay for it."
- "What about you?" "Nobody needs me." "I do. I need you."
- "Nobody ever wins the games. Period. There are survivors. There's no winners."
- "See Katniss, the way the whole "friend" thing works is that you have to tell each other the deep stuff." "The deep stuff?" "Yeah." "Like what?" "Like... what's your favourite colour?" "Oh, now you've stepped over the line."
- "Any last advice?" "Stay alive."
- "We have seen a lot of tears here tonight. But I see no tears in Johanna's eyes. Johanna, you are angry. Tell me why." "Yeah, well, yes! I am angry. You know, I'm getting totally screwed over here. The deal was that if I won the Hunger Games, I get to live the rest of my life in peace. But now, you wanna kill me again. But you know what? Fuck that! I'll fuck everybody who had anything to do with it!" "All right, then. One woman's opinion."
What did you think?