This is one of those movies that crops up time and time again in gifset form on Tumblr, and after scrolling past my tenth Enchanted gifset of the day today, I figured it was about time for a rewatch.
Reasons why Enchanted is awesome:
1. Amy Adams. She's pretty much perfect.
3. It pretty much takes the piss out of regular Disney movies.
4. James Marsden. He's kind of fabulous.
6. There's a dragon. All epic stories need a dragon.
7. Patrick Dempsey and his magical hair.
9. The ball.
10. Susan Sarandon. She may be evil, but she's also a BAMF.
12. Giselle rescuing Robert from the dragon.
13. Timothy Spall.
15. Pip the chipmunk.
16. Idina Menzel. Sadly, she doesn't sing.
18. Pip's escape from the motel room.
19. This scene:
21. The end credits, which reference a bunch of different Disney movies.
Plus, the following quotes:
- "You...are NOT a very nice old man!"
- "Is this a big habit of yours, falling off stuff??"
- "Oh, I hope you had nice dreams!" "...I think I'm still in one."
- "He knows the song too? I've never heard this song before! What the hell is it?"
- "Would you like me to call someone for you?" "I don't think they would hear you from here."
- "Any last words before I dispatch you?" "You have GOT to be kidding me." ".......Strange words."
- "Remember, when you go out not to put too much makeup otherwise the boys will get the wrong idea and you know how they are... They're only after one thing." "What's that?" "I don't know. Nobody will tell me."
- "The pizza is breathing."
- "Thank you for taking care of my bride, peasants."
- "Now if only I can find a place to rest my head for the night." "What kind of place?" "I don't know. Maybe a nearby meadow or a hollow tree." 'A hollow tree?" "Or a house full of dwarves. I hear they're very hospitable!"
- "YOU MADE A DRESS OUT OF MY CURTAINS?!"
- "Where do you find live doves in New York?"