So I had plans to do a movie of slightly more substance this week, but I spent two and a half hours last night watching Saving Private Ryan, which - while excellent - is completely traumatising and not Movie Monday material. As a result, my brain (and my tear ducts) cannot cope with movies of substance, so it's time to delve into the teen movie vault again. YOU'RE WELCOME.
Reasons why Can't Hardly Wait is awesome:
1. Seth Green. Hands down my favourite thing about this movie.
3. Ethan Embry. Giant buckets of awkward adorableness.
4. It's so freaking 90s.
5. The year book style introductions to each character.
7. Descriptive flashbacks.
8. It's pretty much a "before they were famous" slideshow - Peter Facinelli, Jaime Pressley, Sean Patrick Thomas, Tamala Jones, Donald Faison, Jason Segel, Selma Blair.
|Yes, that's Carlisle Cullen shoving Sabrina the Teenage Witch. Source.|
10. Nerd plans.
11. Teaching the exchange student to say really awful things.
12. The soundtrack.
13. Denise sitting by herself on the sofa. That's pretty much me at a party.
15. How the letter ends up in front of Amanda.
16. Acting out Star Wars on the roof.
17. Reunion tours before they've even played a gig.
18. The on-screen "Where are they now?" stories.
20. Charlie Korsmo. He's pretty hilarious. (You may know him better as Jack from Hook)
Plus, the following quotes:
- "Oh, I'M the weirdo? You're the one calling Barry Manilow from a phone booth at 2am!"
- "You know what? My retainer kind of looks like a Klingon warship."
- "That is a "Fragrance of Love" scented candle, bitch!"
- "His wardrobe alone leaves him open for public mockery."
- "I can't feel my legs. I HAVE NO LEGS!!"
- "I did not write 'Denise Fleming is a tampon' on your locker."
- "Nobody drink the beer, the beer has gone bad!"
- "Damn, she's gonna think I've got that premature evacuation!"
- "You see the salt on this pretzel? Look at the stars. Some people, they say the stars are billions and billions of tons of hot gas. But I think maybe, maybe it's just God's salt. And God's just waiting to eat us."
- "Hey dude, did you hear? I'm naked under my gown!"
Have you seen it? If so, what do you think?