1. Drew Barrymore.
2. Josie's awful prom dress, despite the fact that it makes absolutely no sense for her to have gone to high school in the 1980s.
4. Grammar nerdiness.
5. Michael Vartan.
7. John C. Reilly.
8. The cool girls all going to prom as different Barbies.
10. The ugly 90s suits.
11. Leelee Sobieski.
13. All the "before they were famous" types, like Jessica Alba and James Franco.
14. This scene:
16. The entire office watching Josie's video feed.
17. Rob going to prom as Tom Cruise's character in Risky Business.
19. The soundtrack.
20. The hilarious high school pictures of the cast and crew in the end credits.
Plus, the following quotes:
- "This whole office is NOT feng shui. All the desks are facing, like, evil."
- "You - what's your name?" "J...Josie." "Jose?"
- "Are those shorts or a skirt?" "They're gaucho pants. I got them on sale."
- "There is a big world out there… Bigger than prom, bigger than high school and it won’t matter if you were the prom queen, the quarterback of the football team, or the biggest nerd in school. Find out who you are and try not to be afraid of it."
- "And if you fail gym, you are never getting into college." "You guys are still telling that lie?!"
- "Gus?" "No, it's the Great and Powerful Oz."
- "I'm the coleslaw king of the world!"
- "Mr. Coulson rocks my world!"
- "She's like the heiress to the Ex-Lax fortune."
- "Excuse me. I have to go die now."
- "You guys, what is the one thing that could ruin my senior prom?" "That you'd trip on your Barbie heels and I'll be named prom queen? ............Did I say that out loud?"
- "Someone once told me that to write well, you have to write what you know. This is what I know."
- "Sorry I'm late. It took me forever to get here." "I know what you mean."
So. Perfect cheese-fest movie night selection? Or awful teen move that must be avoided at all costs?