Well, hello! You probably thought I was dead, huh? Yeah, it turns out this whole making a vlog every day for a whole month thing takes up a shit ton of time. WHO KNEW?! Your regularly scheduled programming will recommence shortly. And in the meantime, you can watch me make a fool of myself on a daily basis on Youtube. Yay??
Anyway... Today's movie will probably come as no surprise to you if you saw the video that I made for Day 19 of VEDA over on my Youtube channel. I've never seen this on stage, but the movie version is pretty phenomenal. I mean, come on.
Reasons why Mamma Mia is awesome:
1. The music. Seriously. I mean, how can you not love ABBA?!
2. Meryl Streep. She's brilliant.
4. Amanda Seyfried. She's pretty damned fabulous. And it makes me wonder why her singing voice in Les Mis was so reedy and breathy. The added corset, I suppose...
6. Julie Walters and Christine Baranski. OMG, I CAN'T EVEN.
7. Ridiculous dancing in flippers.
9. The insane costumes.
10. Does Your Mother Know?
11. The world's most awkward wedding.
12. Take A Chance On Me. Oh, Julie Walters. Don't ever change.
13. Waterloo in the end credits. OMG.
Plus, the following quotes:
- "I bought her this. Cost me ten quid and my Johnny Rotten t-shirt."
- "Typical, isn't it? You wait twenty years for a dad, and then three come along at once."
- "Somebody up there has got it in for me. I bet it's my mother."
- "Bugger." "My sentiments exactly."
- "I will not be muscled out by an e...jaculation."
- "You always knew how to make an entrance."
- "What would the father of the bride usually do?" "Pay. Though my dad drew the line at my third."
- "What do you suggest we do with three men?" "Now, THAT takes me back!"
So. Do you love the crap out of this movie, or are you lying? If you're not lying, we MAY have to have words...