Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't cover this months ago. Because it's freaking awesome and I could quite possibly watch it once a week for the rest of my lifetime without getting bored.
Reasons why Bridesmaids is awesome:
1. Kristen Wiig. She's phenomenal.
2. The flight to Las Vegas.
4. Melissa McCarthy
5. The trip to the bridal shop.
7. Maya Rudolph.
8. The awful dresses.
10. Rose Byrne. She's not usually a comic actress, but she does a pretty spectacular job.
11. Free puppies. I would kill to go to a bridal shower that came with free puppies.
13. Sort of attending bootcamp.
14. Chris O'Dowd.
16. Rebel Wilson and Matt Lucas.
17. Awkward engagement party speeches.
19. Fights with teenage girls.
20. Megan's attempts at getting Annie out of her funk.
Plus, the following quotes:
- "This is so awkward. I really want you to leave, but I don't know how to say it without sounding like a dick."
- "You read my diary?" "At first I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad handwritten book."
- "I'm glad he's single. Because I'm going to climb that like a tree."
- "Oh, you live in Milwaukee? Oh, I'm sorry."
- "Help me, I'm poor."
- "This is such a stone-cold pack of weirdos, and I'm so proud."
- "I've seen better tennis playing in a tampon commercial."
- "Why are you smiling, Annie?" "It's the first time I've ever seen you look ugly. And that makes me kinda happy."
- "He was really sweet and nice and cute, so naturally I ran out as fast as I could."
- "I cracked a blanket in half."
- "I think I overcommitted with the whole dog thing..."
- "You have three seconds to get back to your seat." "You can't get anywhere in three seconds, you're setting me up for failure."
- "You're, like, the maid of dishonour."
- "We'd like to invite you to no longer live with us any more."
- "Shit, that is fresh."
- "Look at that fucking cookie!"
- "Why can't you just be happy for me and then go home and talk about me behind my back like a normal person?!"
- "I'll fix you a tuna fish sandwich." "Mom, it's eight in the morning..." "You can put syrup on it!"
- "It's a good tub. I slept in there on my 30th birthday."
- "I am NOT paying for this shit."
- "You are more beautiful than Cinderella! You smell like pine needles and you have a face like sunshine."
So. Do you over-relate to this movie too? Or is that just me??