It had been a whole 2-3 weeks since I'd seen a Marvel movie. Obviously, this had to be rectified. And what better way to do it than with a Marvel movie I'd somehow only seen once?!
Reasons why Thor is awesome:
1. Tom Hiddleston. Come on, like anything else was going to be at the top of this list.
2. The coffee shop scene.
4. Billowy cloaks of doom. I loves me a good billowy cloak of doom.
5. Chris Hemsworth. He's pretty great.
6. Blue glowy objects. Marvel sure does love those things.
8. COOOOOOOOOOOOOOULSON!!! (side note: I am so freaking excited about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. OMG, YOU GUYS)
|Now with added bicep appreciation. Source lost to the depths of Tumblr because |
the way Google brings up Tumblr results is the WORST.
11. Anthony Hopkins. Total BAMF.
12. Loki's amazing facial expressions.
14. Table tossing.
15. Stellan Skarsgard.
16. Frost giants.
18. Idris Elba.
19. Pretty much every scene where someone in New Mexico tries to wield Mjolnir.
20. Drunken Erik.
21. JEREMY RENNER.
23. Tasing Thor.
24. The continuity through the Marvel movies. It's freaking PHENOMENAL, you guys. (Dear Steven Moffat: please watch and take notes. Love, Whovians)
Plus, the following quotes:
- "Do me a favour. Don't be dead."
- "Only one of you can ascend to the throne. But both of you were born to be kings."
- "I have no plans to die today."
- "Run back home, little princess." "...Damn."
- "I need a horse!" "We don't have horses. Just dogs, cats, birds..." "Then give me one of those large enough to ride."
- "I never wanted the throne. I only wanted to be your equal."
- "FOUND YOU!!"
- "Is this how you normally look?" "More or less." "It's a good look."
- "I knew this scientist, a pioneer in gamma radiation. SHIELD showed up and he wasn't heard from again."
- "You think me strange." "Yeah." "Good strange or bad strange?" "I'm not quite sure yet."
- "You want me to slow him down, sir? Or are you sending in more guys for him to beat up?"
- "Is that one of Stark's?" "I dunno. That guy never tells me anything."
- "Is there a Renaissance fair in town?" "Call it in." "Yeah. Uh, base? We've got, uh, Xena, Jackie Chan and Robin Hood..."
- "You know, for a crazy homeless person, he's pretty cut."
- "I am not dying for six college credits!"
- "You're big. I've fought bigger."
- "We drank, we fought, we made his ancestors proud."
- "Oh my God, this is going on Facebook. Smile!"
So. Thoughts? Also, on a scale of one to fangirl flail, how excited are you about Thor: The Dark World?