The problem I'm having is this: it keeps dumping me on obscure rural roads in the middle of absolutely nowhere, and the only clues I'll have to go on are the following:
- This road is insanely straight.
- I clicked 5,000 times and finally came across a car. It was driving on the right. This cuts out Australia, New Zealand and the UK as possibilities.
- There are no gum trees.
- Is that a sheep or a piece of rubbish in a paddock?
- It's sunny.
- The one house I've passed in my 5,000 clicks has had a mailbox on a stick by the side of the road. This limits it to North America.
- WHY THE HELL DO THEY HAVE STREET VIEW OUT HERE???
Yeah. That really helps me narrow it down to ANYWHERE EVER.
The problem with this is that I'm a perfectionist, and anything less than 20km of being completely correct is not good enough. So I could just guess wildly and be totally wrong and move on to the next one. But NO. I have to spend half an hour of my life trying to work out where I am.
My favourite so far? On a rural road about 15km outside a town in Manitoba with a population of 501 people. Yeah. Thanks, GeoGuessr. That was really easy.........
Out of the two rounds I've played so far, I've gotten a grand total of ONE that's been in an urban area. Please go and play GeoGuessr and tell me that I'm not alone in being dropped on roads with no identifying features for miles in any direction???