Before I start, I'm going to tell you that there aren't any spoilers in this, because I know that it's not out in the US until this weekend. So you can read this without things getting ruined, providing you've seen the trailer. Which, if you haven't, WTF DUDE???
I saw it on Saturday, and it's absolutely brilliant.
Reasons why you should see Iron Man 3:
1. Robert Downey Junior. Dude is AMAZING.
2. The script. Sure, it's not the Joss Whedon penned masterpiece that The Avengers was. But it's still pretty fantastic.
3. Gwyneth Paltrow. Pepper Potts hasn't been the most interesting character in the past as far as I'm concerned, but they've pretty much turned her into a total BAMF in this.
5. The end credits scene. Perfection.
6. Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin. He. Is. Phenomenal.
7. House Party Protocol.
8. Guy Pearce. Yes, his character is a little one dimensional, but he did a pretty great job with what he had.
9. "I got you." "I got you first."
11. Ty Simpkins. The kid is adorable.
12. An unexpected Downton Abbey cameo.
13. Skydiving rescues.
14. Don Cheadle. He's great.
16. Sassy Tony Stark.
17. Stan Lee's obligatory cameo.
18. One hell of a fan boy.
19. This happened at the German premiere:
|Yes, that's RDJ in lederhosen. Also, source.|
21. Trips to Pakistan.
So. Go and see it, then let me know what you thought!!