So I think I'm FINALLY over the dreaded North American Flu of Grossness that hit with a vengeance LAST SUNDAY. But despite feeling better, I still wanted to watch a movie that didn't require much in the way of brain ability. Where else would I turn but teen movies from the late 90s?!
I love the crap out of this movie. BECAUSE OF REASONS, YOU GUYS.
Reasons why 10 Things I Hate About You is awesome:
1. Heath Ledger. (*SOB*)
3. Prada backpacks.
4. Julia Stiles.
6. The music. That's one amazing soundtrack, you guys.
7. The dad. OMFG.
8. Allison Janney.
10. David Krumholtz. He's phenomenal.
11. The archery scene.
12. Serenading Kat at soccer training.
14. Riding off the edge of the cliff on a motorbike.
15. The dad doing sit ups. GPOY, you guys.
18. Joey arriving to pick Bianca up for the prom and getting the door shut in his face.
19. Kat's favourite band playing at the prom.
Plus, the following quotes. And to be honest, I could just list the entire script:
- "Hello, Katarina. Made anyone cry today?" "Sadly, no. But it's only 4.30!"
- "I heard he ate a live duck once." "Everything but the beak and feet."
- "My insurance does NOT cover PMS!" "Well, then tell them I had a seizure."
- "I know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you ever just be whelmed?" "I think you can in Europe."
- "I'm down, I've got the 411, and you are not going out and getting jiggy with some boy, I don't care how dope his ride is. My momma didn't raise no foo'!"
- "Can we, for two seconds, ignore the fact that you're severely unhinged and discuss my need for a night of teenage normalcy?" "What's normal? Those damn... Dawson's River kids sleeping in each other's beds and what not?"
- "What is it with this chick? Does she have beer flavoured nipples??"
- "Who knocked up your sister?"
- "There's a difference between like and love. Because, I like my Skechers, but I love my Prada backpack." "But I love my Skechers." "That's because you don't have a Prada backpack."
- "I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all."
- "I have a dick on my face, don't I?"
- "The shit hath hitith the fan... ith."
- "Where's your sister going?" "She's meeting some bikers. Big ones. Full of sperm." "Funny."
- "People perceive you as somewhat..." "Tempestuous?" ""Heinous bitch" is the term used most often."
- "This morning, I delivered a set of twins to a fifteen-year-old girl, do you know what she said to me?" ""I'm a crack-whore who should have made my skeazy boyfriend wear a condom"?" "Close, but no. She said, "I should have listened to my father"." "She did not." "Well, that's what she would have said if she wasn't so doped up!"
- "It's not everyday you find a girl who'll flash someone to get you out of detention."
- "So, I hear you were terrorizing Mr. Morgan's class... again." "Expressing my opinion is not a terrorist action." "The way you expressed your opinion to Bobby Ridgeway? By the way, his testicle retrieval operation went quite well, in case you're interested." "I still maintain that he kicked himself in the balls."
- "Don't touch anything. You may get hepatitis."
- "I know how difficult it must be for you to overcome all those years of upper middle-class suburban oppression. Must be tough. But the next time you storm the PTA crusading for better... lunch meat, or whatever it is you white girls complain about, ask them WHY they can't buy a book written by a black man!" "That's right mon!" "Don't even get me started on you two!"
- "Mr. Morgan, is there any chance we could get Kat to take her Midol *before* she comes to class?" "Someday, you gonna get bitch-slapped and I'm not gonna do a thing to stop it."
- "Which one do you like better?" "Umm, I think I like the white shirt better." "Yeah, it's-it's more..." "Pensive?" "Damn, I was going for thoughtful."
- "Oh wait... was that... did your hairline just recede?"
Shall I immediately go and watch it again? Yes? Yes.