So I'm back in Melbourne once again, having survived the fourteen and a half hour flight without too many difficulties, thanks in large part to Sweeney who came and rescued me from a fate worse than death - six hours in Los Angeles International Airport with nothing to do.
Instead, I got to go to In n Out Burger, and Santa Monica, and it was made of win because I GOT TO HANG OUT WITH SWEENEY OMG *flail*.
Exciting things I have done since getting home from the airport five hours ago:
- Put the entire contents of my suitcase through the washing machine. CLEAN CLOTHES, YAY.
- Fangirl flailed about the fact that the water doesn't taste like chlorine.
- Brushed my teeth for the first time in 24 hours. It was VERY exciting.
- Discovered that I took over 1700 photos in the course of my four weeks overseas, and that I now have to go through them all and delete all the blurry ones, and decide which of the duplicates to keep.
- Actually unpacked my suitcase. I'm pretty sure this is a first for me! Usually it sits on my floor with about three things in it for a month afterwards.
- Ate food that wasn't brought to me covered in foil and on a tray.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand now it's 4pm and I'm rapidly heading towards Struggle Street. Thanks a lot, jetlag. Looks like it's time to break out my tried and true jetlag beating technique - drink as much caffeine as is required to keep you awake until 9pm, then sleep for 12 hours.
Wish me luck...