It's Christmas Eve, and if the gale force winds outside keep up, Santa is going to get crazy lost trying to deliver presents in Melbourne tonight!
Anyway, in honour of the season, I figured that I should cover a Christmas movie. And considering I did a Movie Monday post on Love Actually LAST year, there was only one thing that came to mind.
Reasons why The Muppet Christmas Carol is awesome:
1. The Muppets.
2. Michael Caine as Ebenezer Scrooge.
4. The Christmas carols medley/overture.
5. Muppets in top hats.
7. Ice skating penguins.
8. Cleaning windows with Rizzo.
10. Scrooge beating up his dressing gown.
11. "Marley and Marley".
13. The Ghost of Christmas Present knocking Rizzo and Gonzo into the street.
15. Tiny Tim.
17. The hilariously oversized turkey.
Plus, the following quotes:
- "Hello! Welcome to the Muppet Christmas Carol! I am here to tell the story." "And I am here for the food."
- "All of our pens have turned to ink-cicles! Our assets are frozen!"
- "Mother always taught me: "Never eat singing food.""
- "Why do you doubt your senses?" "Because a little thing can effect them. A slight disorder of the stomach can make them cheat. You may be a bit of undigested beef, a blob of mustard, a crumb of cheese. Yes. There's more gravy than of grave about you." "More gravy than of grave?" "What a terrible pun. Where'd you get those jokes?" "Leave comedy to the bears, Ebenezer."
- "We were always heckling you." "It's good to be heckling again." "It's good to be doing anything again."
- "Rats don't understand these things." "You were never a lonely child?" "I had twelve hundred and seventy four brothers and sisters." "Boy! Rats don't understand these things!"
- "My name is Charles Dickens." "And my name is Rizzo the Rat... wait a second! You're not Charles Dickens!" "I am too!" "No! A blue furry Charles Dickens who hangs out with a rat?" "Absolutely!" "Charles Dickens was a 19th Century novelist! A genius!" "Oh, you are too kind!" "Why should I believe you?" "Well, because I know the story of A Christmas Carol like the back of my hand!" "Prove it!" "All right! Um, there's a little mole on my thumb, and um, a scar on my wrist from when I fell off my bike..." "No, no, no, don't tell us your hand, tell us the story!"
- "Let us deal with the eviction notices for tomorrow, Mr. Cratchit." "Uh, tomorrow's Christmas, sir." "Very well. You may gift wrap them."
- "LIGHT THE LAMP, NOT THE RAT!!"
- "You will be haunted by three spirits." "Haunted? I've already had enough of that." "Without these visits, you cannot hope to avoid the path we tread." "Expect the first ghost tonight, when the bell tolls one!" "Can't I meet them all at once and get it over with?"
- "You can fit through those bars?" "Yeah." "You are SUCH an idiot."
Merry Christmas, y'all.
Merry Christmas, y'all.