- I have ONE more assignment left for the semester. It's 3,500 words, it's due in a week, and I haven't even started researching yet. Yay for procrastination?
- I finally got a new phone. It has apps and touchscreen-y-ness and doesn't hoard my text messages for days and then deliver them at 4am, which, HURRAH. On the downside, I discovered yesterday that it's really sodding hard to type using a touchscreen phone on a moving tram. So I apologise in advance for any bizarre text messages/tweets you get from me.
- My laptop gave me the blue screen of death last night. And this morning while I was trying to back everything up in case of FURTHER blue screen of death-y nonsense, it froze. So if my next post is very short and riddled with spelling mistakes, it'll be because my laptop has totally shat itself and I'm blogging from my phone.
- If you can't find sugar at your local supermarket, it's because it was all used for Little Miss A's birthday party the other week.
|I have no idea why this is sideways. And Picasa|
won't let me rotate it. Just turn your head. Like an
owl. It will be appropriate (see below)
- My BFF Char (we've now been friends for TWENTY FIVE YEARS, which is a truly terrifying concept) came over last week for an afternoon of baking shenanigans. We made chocolate chip cookie pie, English muffin bread, and an enormous mess in the kitchen. Mostly because the shortcrust pastry we made for the pie was a total fucking disaster that managed to be soggy and crumbly at the same time. I also neglected to take any photos of a) the process or b) the end products. Here's one I took of the last piece of pie, shortly before I shoved it in my face and made nomming sounds.
|It tasted better than it looks...|
- Despite the lack of photos and the disaster of a pie crust, both the bread and the pie were delicious. I shall be making both again in the future, and will hopefully remember what a camera is for at that time.
- Char brought me a plant as part of my birthday present. If I can manage to keep it alive for a year, I'll have crossed something else off my 101 in 1001 list. Considering her instructions for its care were "Basically, ignore it", things are looking good so far!
- Contrary to appearances, I haven't forgotten about my Cookbook Challenge OR my 30 Days of Photography Challenge. I have every intention of picking both of them up again over the uni break.
- Following on from Kirsti rewatches all of Dawson's Creek and has a lot of feelings about it, I've been rewatching The X-Files in the last few weeks. I actually own season 1. ON VHS. I'll blog about it a la Dawson's Creek eventually, but for now I can say that my thoughts can mostly be summed up as "Ahahahahahaha, LOOK AT THE COMPUTERS/PHONES!!!" and "OMFG. What is Scully wearing???" Aaaaah, 1993...
- In a week and a half, Deidre and I will be having a very special Dessert Day. It's super exciting. You should see the amount of jumping up and down with excitement that's been going on. Seriously.
- Alice, Emmy, Leah and I are planning a very nerdy "Everyone watches a particular episode of Doctor Who simultaneously" thing. It will be epic. There will be much tweeting. I will make sure this event actually happens.
- I appear to have run out of chocolate. Send help immediately.
How are things with you guys? You know, non-movie watching, non-travel from four years ago, non-random stuff I found on the internet things??