- A shit ton of time in the car.
- A slightly troublesome dinner with Em and Matt (pregnant ladies should not eat salmon which turns out to still be raw and frozen in the centre...).
- Breakfast with my delightful friend and former coworker, L.
- The baby shower. Apparently baby showers include trivia games, which our team managed to win, and cake, and lots of tiny pink clothes.
- Discovering quite possibly the trendiest bar in the ACT. Obviously, this would happen nine months AFTER I moved back to Melbourne...
- A delightful Mother's Day lunch of McDonald's fries and an apple purchased at a truck stop and washed in a truck stop bathroom.
- Did I mention a shit ton of time in the car??? Yeah...
Oh, and while we were EATING our delightful lunch (in the car park at McDonald's, for some reason that I now can't remember) with the windows open, a sparrow hopped up on a the side mirror and tried to FLY INTO THE CAR. About five times. Because what you want when you're eating your super classy McDonald's lunch in the car is the addition of an angry disease-ridden bird...
While I was in Canberra, the lovely Ti from A Cup of Ti presented me with this:
The Liebster Blog Award. Thank you so much, Ti - I'm so thrilled! <3
Liebster means dearest or beloved or favourite (I think. Nikki - feel free to correct me!!), and the award is specifically for blogs with less than 200 followers who deserve a little more attention.
Here are the (slightly boring) rules:
1. Thank the person who gave me the award and link back to them.
2. Nominate up to five others for the award.
3. Let them know via comment on their blog.
4. Post the award on your blog.
And here are my five other awesome bloggers. Go and give them some love:
Kat from The Engineer's Other Life. Kat's one of my IRL BFFs. She's an amazing photographer, and has just opened an online store for her photos, which you should definitely go and check out! We've had some amazing times together in Thailand, Melbourne AND the US. I have no doubt that there will be numerous adventures together in the future! Her blog is filled with photos I'm crazy jealous of, and sewing projects I have no chance in Hell of recreating, and you should definitely check it out.
Gina from This Is Not Your Blog. There are no words for how much I love Gina. I have no idea how she crams as much into her life as she does - three kids, three blogs, reading, a Masters degree, AND she and her husband and kids are about to move half way across the country. I'd pretty much be comatose by lunchtime dealing with all of that. I'm kind of pining for her batshit crazy painkiller induced dreams (the good ones, not the nightmares!!) from when she had her gall bladder out, but I still do a happy dance every time there's a new post from her.
Alice from The Rabbit Hole of Alice. I adore this girl. Sometimes I'm convinced that we're the same person, only on other sides of the world and born five years apart... (One day, the TARDIS will come along and we'll finally be able to hang out for real!!) Her writing is honest and vulnerable, and she's always there when I need to rant. <3
Pretzel Thief from Pretzel Thief. Holy crap, this girl cracks me up. Her posts are brilliant, and she leaves the most amazing comments. AND she's a fellow member of Team Pacey. One of these days, we'll have to arrange a Melbourne blogger meet up so that we can meet for real. IT WILL BE AMAZING. (There may have to be some gratuitous Joshua Jackson included somewhere. Obviously.)
Katie from Katiefoolery. I love Katie's blog. Her posts are always filled with incredible photos and fun stories, not to mention knitted Daleks!! You really can't go wrong with knitted Daleks. She's constantly going on fun adventures all over Victoria, and seems to find a never ending stream of unusual places to visit.
So, has a sparrow ever tried to get into your car at McDonald's?? Seriously. This is an important question and I need answers!!