A millionty years ago (okay, it was 2001. Whatever), we went on a family holiday to Sydney. On one particular day, it did nothing but pour with rain. So we escaped to the (tiny) local cinema for something to do, and today's offering was the only thing showing. And so it was that we sat in a cinema with about 12 seats, watching a movie on a screen the size of a beach towel and laughing until we cried.
1. The cast. It's absolutely perfect.
2. The entire premise of insanely rich people betting on stupid stuff, like which flavour of chocolate will come up next in a box.
3. Kathy Bates as the crazy squirrel lady.
4. The bus full of Lucy Ricardo fans (in costume!) on their way to an I Love Lucy convention.
|Sadly, this was the best photo I could find. Also, source.|
6. It reminds me about the existence of Smash Mouth.
7. Jon Lovitz's character making his daughter poop out the window of the car because they can't afford the time it would take to stop.
8. Rowan Atkinson. The man is a genius.
10. The Barbie Museum and stealing Hitler's touring car.
11. Whoopi Goldberg's hilarious outfit.
13. John Cleese's ridiculous teeth. Actually, John Cleese full stop.
15. Dean Cain as Amy Smart's cheating boyfriend.
16. The scene where the bus fills up with foam and all the Lucys are "wah"-ing.
17. Cuba Gooding Jr. stealing the bus driver's clothes by pretending that his wife is having a baby and he needs various items of clothing to catch various things. He needs the bus driver's hat to catch his fictional wife's vagina. Bahahahahahaha. (I'm sorry, but how could I not use that gif??)
19. The hot air balloon chase.
20. The scene where the Lucys try to change the tyre on the bus and everything goes horribly wrong.
21. Cuba Gooding Jr. breakdancing at the Smash Mouth concert.
22. Siphoning petrol from a police car and telling the cop that the sound is because that Breckin Meyer drank too much coffee...
Plus, the following quotes:
- "I do NOT want to work at HOME DEPOT!!!"
- "Look, a drifter! Let's kill him."
- Regarding the missing transplant heart: "I think I found it!" "No, that's a caramel apple."
- "I think we just killed him!" "You can't kill him, he's like a cockroach."
- "You girls want to buy a squirrel? They make cracker jack pets!"
- "Oh good, a scam! We'll do it!"
- "It's true, you could break your neck. But that's a risk I'm willing to take."
- After his children collide while jumping on the beds: "Oooh, that's gotta hurt. Honey! Kids need you! [runs off]"
- "Is a race, is a race! I'm winning, I'm winning!"
- "I can do anything I like, I'm eccentric!"
- "I'm not giving up. And neither are you. And neither am I!"
- "Where the hell is the airport??????" [plane lands behind them]
- "A SECRET publicity stunt?"
- "We came in a rocket car."
- "So, what's wrong with her?" "Who?" "Your sister. You said it was serious." "Oh, yeah. Shark bite." "Shark bite??" "Yeah..." "And they took her to Silver City [New Mexico]?" "Yeah, they have a really good...shark bite unit there..."
- "Oooh, little cockdoggies!" "They're called cocktail weinies..."
Have you guys seen it? Do you love it as much as I do? Or do you think it's kind of stupid? I'll understand if you do, I promise!