dying of the plaguesick and prone to hyperbole at the moment (URGH), and am coughing up a lung on a regular basis as a result. Apparently I sound like a seal when I cough. Awesome... Last night, I was coughing basically non-stop, so I went upstairs to check the basket of medicinal stuff for cough syrup. But all we had was a bottle of paediatric Dimetapp that's about six months past its use by date. I seriously contemplated drinking half the bottle anyway...
- I don't remember what I used to do for fun before Nikki moved to Australia and bought a mobile phone with the most hilarious predictive text/autocorrect function of all time. According to her phone, Spooks = Spoolp. Rocket science = pocket science. TARDIS = VASEIS. Stuttered = puttuesed. Tins = Thor. Soon = smoo. Flummoxed = flunonyed. 'Roast in the sun' = 'smart in the run'. Plate = slave. Needless to say, it's endlessly entertaining. (And if you know Nikki and I at all, you won't be surprised that our conversations include references to Spooks and the TARDIS!)
- I've handed in my first uni assignment, and am therefore having panic attacks about whether or not I did the right thing (it was a reflective thing, hence the stressing). Other than the stressing, uni's going well. Although the timetable is kicking my arse.
- I've been watching far too much Dawson's Creek for my own good. It makes me feel better about my life, because at least there isn't readily available film footage of me wearing outfits like this:
|You're welcome for the bonus Pacey. Also, source.|
- When we were putting together a photo slideshow for my grandmother's funeral a few weeks ago, we needed to burn all the photos to a CD to take to the funeral home. Mum asked me to get one out of the top of a cupboard in the study. When I opened the cupboard, and reached for a CD, she suddenly said "DON'T KNOCK THAT BOX!!" in a really anxious voice. I was all "Um, okay. Why??" "*mumble mumble mumble*" "What?" "Because that's Domino's ashes..." Apparently when the parentals picked up his ashes all those months ago, they didn't want to upset me by discussing what to do with them. So they shoved him in the top of a cupboard with the blank CDs. It's kind of hilarious... (HI MUM!!)
- I caught up with my BFF Kat, who was in town for her sister's wedding last weekend. There was much drinking of coffee and eating of tiny cupcakes and marvelling over the fact that skinny ties are back in fashion #WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
- I saw a man wearing a shirt that had a BUILT IN TIE. It started out as grosgrain ribbon around the collar, and then gradually the ribbon wasn't sewn to the front of the shirt any more, and became a tie. It was horrifying.
- I finally got around to getting my student card, and can now get discount movie tickets until 2014. SCORE! Shame I look like a shiny escaped mental patient in the picture...
What's new with you guys?