After three straight weeks of The Lord of the Rings, I figured I'd go for something that's basically the complete opposite.
Yup. Mean Girls. Oh my God, I love this movie. It's completely and utterly ridiculous, and totally brilliant.
Reasons why Mean Girls is awesome:
1. It was written by Tina Fey, who I LOVE.
3. That said, it stars Lindsay Lohan before she became a drugged out skank.
4. Rachel McAdams is brilliantly evil.
6. Amanda Seyfried is absolutely perfect and her role in this ALMOST makes up for the abomination that was Red Riding Hood.
7. Neil Flynn (aka The Janitor from Scrubs) as Lindsay Lohan's dad.
8. Lindsay Lohan falling head first into a rubbish bin. Comedy gold.
10. Lindsay Lohan's Halloween costume
11. The supporting cast. They're universally brilliant. Especially these two:
13. The number of memes it's spawned.
Plus, the following quotes:
- "She doesn't even go here!"
- "Everyone in Africa knows Swedish."
- "Ma'am, do you have this in the next size up?" "Sorry. We only carry sizes 1,3 and 5. You could try Sears."
- "Are they not supposed to be let out when they're grounded?"
- "The limit does not exist!"
- "Grool!.......I mean to say 'cool' and then I started to say 'great'..."
- "There's a 30 percent chance that it's already raining!"
- "Too gay to function??" "That's only okay when *I* say it!"
- "That is SO fetch."
- "Oh, I LOVE seeing teachers outside of school. It's like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs."
- "That is the ugliest effing skirt I've ever seen."
- "Get in, loser. We're going shopping."
- "You smell like a baby prostitute."
- "Four for you, Glen Coco, you go Glen Coco!"
- "And none for Gretchen Wieners."
- "I can put my whole fist in my mouth. Want to see?"
- "Nice wig, Janice. What's it made of?" "Your mom's chest hair!!"
- "That's why her hair's so big. It's full of secrets."
- "On Wednesdays, we wear pink."
- "I can't go out. *fake cough* I'm sick." "Boo, you whore!"
- "It's like I have ESPN or something!"
- "Oh my GOD, Karen. You can't just ask people why they're white!"
Basically, you're lucky I restrained myself from typing out the entire script!
What say you? Is your hair full of secrets like Gretchen's? Do you have ESPN like Karen? Or are you going to get hit by a bus, like Regina George? ;)