I know it's widely considered a sacrilege, but there you have it! Although considering I've only seen the original once, it's not surprising that I prefer the version I've seen dozens of times. I should really watch the original again before I make sweeping statements, shouldn't I? *runs off to add it to Quickflix queue*
14. Skinny Pete playing golf. Totally how I would play golf too.
Plus, the following quotes:
- "Handsome Rob [Jason Statham]. Once drove all the way from Los Angeles just so he could set the record for longest freeway chase. You know he got 110 love letters sent to his jail cell from women who saw him on the news?"
- "I'm getting a NAD T700 digital decoder with 70-watt amps and Burr-Brown DACs." "Yeah........" "It's a big stereo. Speakers so loud they blow women's clothes off." "NOW you're talking!"
- "I trust everyone. I just don't trust the devil inside them."
- "You know what 'fine' stands for? Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and emotional."
- "If there's one thing I know, it's never to mess with Mother Nature, mother-in-laws, and mother-freaking Ukranians!"
- "[looks at fake ID] James Hymen? COME ON! Just ONCE give me a cool name!"
- "You know, five people died of smoking in between traffic lights today."
- "[calculates how much the gold is worth] YEAH!!!!!!! [sees people noticing him]... I got the Holy Spirit... You should get on it... It's a good train..."
- "Shit. This dude got dogs. I don't do dogs. I had a real bad experience, man." "What happened?" "I had. A bad. EXPERIENCE. Dammit! I'm deaf!!"
So, there you have it. Have you seen it? And which one gets your vote - the original? Or the remake?