So in the hopes of postponing the urge to travel for a little while, I thought I'd cross off task 91 - to make a list of 50 places I want to visit in my lifetime.
Sure, I already have my Travel Bucket List. But that's more vague "I'd like to visit [insert country here]" type stuff. This, on the other hand, is a combination of sights and cities that I want to see.
In no particular order:
1. The Northern Lights.
3. Borneo, Malaysia. Orang-utans!!
4. Zanzibar, Tanzania.
5. Abu Simbel, Egypt.
7. Angkor Wat, Cambodia.
8. Gallipoli, Turkey.
9. The Kimberley, Australia.
10. Prince Edward Island, Canada. I've been wanting to go there since I read Anne of Green Gables when I was six.
11. Xi'an, China. Home to the Terracotta Army.
13. Tierra del Fuego, Argentina/Chile. Mostly so I can say I've been to Tierra del Fuego. But also because Patagonia is gorgeous.
14. Copan, Honduras.
15. The Orkneys, Scotland.
16. Ha Long Bay, Vietnam.
17. Ait Benhaddou, Morocco.
19. Petra, Jordan.
20. Easter Island, Chile. Because of reasons. So very many reasons.
21. Victoria Falls, Zambia.
22. St. Basil's Cathedral, Russia.
23. Kaua'i, Hawaii. Also known as Isla Nublar in Jurassic Park.
25. Iguazu Falls, Argentina.
26. Taj Mahal, India.
27. Luxor, Egypt.
28. San Francisco, California.
29. Transylvania, Romania.
30. The Alhambra, Spain. "Ever since I read The Tales of the Alhambra" (<-- name that BBC adaptation. I haven't actually read The Tales of the Alhambra...)
32. St. Petersburg, Russia.
33. Uyuni salt flats, Bolivia. Because you can take wacky perspective shots.
35. The Colosseum, Italy.
36. Oaxaca, Mexico.
37. The Dordogne Valley, France. Wheeee, chateaux!
38. The Great Wall, China.
39. Santorini, Greece.
41. Reykjavik, Iceland.
42. The Sistine Chapel, Italy.
43. Anchorage, Alaska. And, you know, elsewhere in Alaska.
45. Giverney, France. Monet's garden.
48. Kilkenny, Ireland. Just the whole west coast, really.
49. Hagia Sophia, Turkey.
50. Churchill, Canada. Polar bear capital of the world!
So there you have it. Seriously, I'd better get a job bloody soon or this is going to be impossible... *sigh*
What's on your not-to-be-missed travel list? (Also, would you guys want to read posts on adventures from past trips?? I kind of miss writing about travel shenanigans...)