I watched Terra Nova last night. While it may be a bit rubbishy and have FAR too many ex-Neighbours cast members as guest stars, it never fails to remind me of one of my favourite movies:
Jurassic Park. And I have to say, for a film from 1993, it's aged surprisingly well. Not so much on the computer side of things. But it's not like, for instance, Ghostbusters in which the special effects look extra shoddy and half arsed and just plain AWFUL. (For the record, I still love Ghostbusters. The special effects just make me laugh hysterically)
AnythereisnoDanaonlyZuul, let's move on.
Things that make Jurassic Park awesome:
|The man had a point. Also, source|
4. Steven Spielberg.
5. Jeff Goldblum.
6. The scene where the T. rex breaks out of its pen and eats the car. And the lawyer dude.
7. The scene where the raptors are in the kitchen.
9. Samuel L. Jackson.
10. How excited Lex gets about the cars having a CD-ROM in them, while being completely nonplussed about the touch screens.
11. The opening scene. "Shoot her! SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT HER!!"
12. Alan using the raptor claw to scare the crap out of the snooty little kid.
13. The expression on Alan's face when he first sees the brachiosaur.
|Lol. Also, source|
15. I didn't need to look up the spellings of any of the above dinosaur names.
- "Spared no expense!"
- "He left us. HE LEFT US!"
- "That is one big pile of shit."
- "What's going to happen to the goat?!"
- "He did it. The crazy son of a bitch did it."
- "How do you know all the dinosaurs are girls? Did somebody go out into the park and lift up all the dinosaurs' skirts?"
- "If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."
- "Now, eventually you do plan to have dinosaurs on your, on your dinosaur tour, right? Hello?"
- "Well...we're back...in the car again."
- "Mr Hammond? The phones are working."
- "They're...uh...they're flocking this way."
- "I bet you'll never look at birds the same way."
And I have to say, that last quote is particularly relevant to me. Because you really never DO look at birds the same way again after noticing that they walk EXACTLY the same way the velociraptors do. Birds = teeny tiny velociraptors that
Also? To this day I want to be able to do this: