Ahem. I digress. During the week, I rewatched Raiders of the Lost Ark, as it's a) awesome, and b) on the AFI's 100 Years, 100 Movies list that's part of my Day Zero Project. If you haven't seen it, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN SINCE 1981?????
Things Raiders involves that are totally awesome:
1. Harrison Ford. With a bullwhip and a brilliant hat.
2. The whole opening scene in Peru.
3. A dude getting killed by a plane propeller.
4. John Rhys-Davies.
5. An evil monkey.
6. A very young Alfred Molina. Albeit for five minutes.
7. Ghost beasties that don't approve of the Nazi Party.
8. Face melting. (I actually found a GIF that I was going to use here, but in the end, it was too gross and I couldn't bring myself to do it to you!)
9. One of the most brilliant and hummable theme songs of all time.
10. Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.
11. Secret chambers leading to buried treasure.
12. Ridonkulous chase scenes.
14. Guns are better than swords.
|Source. Apparently this scene happened because Harrison Ford had dysentery|
and didn't want to do the choreography they'd planned!
Plus? The following lines:
- "Professor of archaeology, expert on the occult, and...how does one say it? Obtainer of rare antiquities."
- "Indy, why does the floor move?"
- "Asps... Very dangerous. You go first."
- "Archaeology is not an exact science. It does not deal in time schedules."
- "You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together. I've got nothing better to do!"
What's your favourite Indy movie?