Reasons why Sleepy Hollow is awesome:
1. Johnny Depp.
2. Tim Burton.
3. Johnny Depp AND Tim Burton.
4. Tim Burton says in the commentary that he took pretty much every opportunity to cover Johnny Depp in fake blood. Just because he could.
5. Johnny Depp says in the commentary that he stole the iron maiden from the set and has it in his living room as a conversation starter.
6. All the typical little Tim Burton touches that you don't really notice until you think about it.
7. Evil Christopher Walken.
8. The score. Danny Elfman is a genius.
9. The way Johnny Depp enunciates "decapitated".
10. The scene at the end in the windmill. Flour dust goes boom.
11. Michael Gambon's ridiculous hat. Even he looks surprised by its ridiculousness. Just sayin'...
12. The supporting cast includes Dumbledore, Vernon Dudley, Rita Skeeter, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, and Saruman. Seriously.
Not to mention, the following lines:
- "The heads are.........gone?"
- "Good horsey!"
- "You must NEVER move the body!" "Why not?" "...Because!"
- "We thought you'd shot your boat." (translation: "We thought you'd gone bonkers and run away")
- "We did not know it was a murdering plot!"
- (regarding a spider) "Kill it! Kill it! NO - stun it." (I always want someone to pull out a wand and yell 'Stupefy!')
- "Watch your head." <-- punny, no?
- "Where are we going?" "Anywhere but here!"
So there you have it.
At the risk of sounding like Ghostface from Scream, what's your favourite scary (or Halloween-y/spooky) movie? Also, does anyone other than me love Sleepy Hollow??